Our Client is seeking an experienced Senior Signal Integrity Engineer to design, model, analyze and characterize high‐speed connectors, cables and systems. The Senior Signal Integrity Engineer will act as a focal point in providing technical direction to the Mechanical Design Team on new connector/cable designs. This individual will work with Customers to develop application‐specific solutions and provide technical support as well as conduct research on new and emerging areas of interconnects.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly skilled and dynamic team within the company. This individual will work closely with electrical and mechanical members of our group. This team has a top focus on innovation to help Customers drive innovation and technical advancements. This person will have the opportunity to work on projects with top tech companies around the globe. A highly successful person will have a focus for Clients, innovation, collaboration and learning.
- Essential Functions:
– Discover and invent new techniques and methods in modeling, design and test and measurement to include recommending changesin designs or technical procedures.
– Competence in PC board design for high performance SI (Signal Integrity) boards as well as generic production test boards
- – Perform high‐speed empirical and analytical signal integrity evaluation of interconnects. Work in laboratory environment to validate design and correlate
- measurement with simulation using VNA, TDR and Oscilloscope.
- – Provide development input to design teams, create electrical product models and documentation
- – Sponsor in‐house and independent lab testing on additional connector/cable assembly qualification testing including power rating and environmental test.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Applied Math
– Relevant SI design and simulation experience.
– Relevant experience using CST 3D modeling or similar tool to create mode to‐measurement correlation, connector design and validation.
– 3D Cad experience – SolidWorks® a plus
Skills and Abilities:
-ability to communicate directly with Customers and address application questions.
– Write production test procedure for the manufacturing floor – Test and Measurement using VNA, TDR.
Type of Positionsignal integrity
Education LevelBachelor Degree