Our client is seeking an experienced plastic molding engineer to be responsible for development of new and maintenance of existing process
for injection and insert molding of small close tolerance components duties will include the following:
– Develop new injection and insert molding process
· Succession planning, Product Line End-Of-Life assessments.
· Monitor production operations to Key Process Indicators (KPIs)
· Review and optimize spare parts supply chain.
· Maintain and update documents (JRA’s, LOTO, process procedures, spare parts lists).
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in a Plastics Engineering or like discipline and 3+ years of related experience within the interconnect industry or similar; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to develop prototype tools and processes to execute (and validate) a defined technique that would ultimately support manufacturing requirements and provide an understanding of material processing behavior within a specified processes or when subjected to a given technique.
3. Ability to provide hands-on process development and troubleshooting of production tools and equipment.
4. Ability to characterize process and the behavior of materials for the purpose of identifying and eliminating variability (natural & special) so that process limits can be clearly identified and controls established through statistical practices.
5. Ability to qualify processes critical to required levels through product/process correction actions driven by root cause analysis.
6. Must have knowledge and skills using:
· Project Management software (Microsoft Project)
· Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
· Word Processing software (Microsoft Word)
· Presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint)
· Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Statistical analysis software (example JMP)
· Measurement System Analysis
· MoldFlow software
· Pro Engineer (preferable)
7. Ability to write reports, procedure manuals and effectively present information/respond to questions.
8. Demonstrated ability to operate with minimal supervision and provide updates on project status.
9. Ability to communicate and relate well with other engineers worldwide.
10. Demonstrated skill and knowledge to train individuals and teams.
Salary/Compensation80,000.00 to 100,000
Type of PositionProcess Engineering
IndustryElectronic connectors and cable asseemblies
Education LevelBachelor Degree