The Senior Military Connector Design Engineer will be involved in the design, manufacture, inspection and testing of military electrical connectors. The ability to design cable assemblies, wire harnesses, and wired enclosures for military applications is also desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- – Create, improve and maintain BOMs, travelers, work instructions, and assembly procedures, for customer contracts.
- – Create, improve and maintain detailed manufacturing processes for electrical connectors, to successfully transition customer requirements to production
- – Prepare required drawings in SOLID WORKS and or AUTO-CAD to support production.
- – Prepare and incorporate Engineering Change Notices.
- – Design, troubleshoot, analyze design problems, and develop new tooling for manufacturing and inspection.
- – Support manufacturing floor for production and R&D prototypes.
- – Review production equipment, tools/fixtures and assembly lines to ensure proper and safe operation and minimize and/or eliminate down time.
- – Work on continuous improvement /special projects to improve efficiency for building of assemblies.
- – Assist in development of specifications, test plans, etc. related to product development activities.
- – Work with production personnel to streamline production and ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- – Write clear problem reports and investigate to obtain root cause and corrective action of nonconformance’s.
- – Assist in the quoting process of new potential products.
– BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a military connector design engineering.
– Familiarity with all types of military specifications is a must.
– Understanding of RF applications and Testing capabilities including insertion loss.
– Design and testing for Shock and Vibration parameters
– Excellent knowledge of connector materials and processes is required.
– Interpret concept parts and assemblies from CAD designs, hand drawings and sketches for prototype and production manufacturing methods.
Type of PositionEngineering
IndustryMilitary, Aerospace and Marine
Education LevelBachelor Degree