The senior design engineer will be responsible for the design and launch of new products bycoordinating efforts with a global team. The ideal candidate for thisposition will possess an excellent professional attitude with goodcommunication skills. Due to the nature of this position a people-orientedperson that is dedicated to meeting objective deadlines in a team environment,with a strong basis of mechanical design and engineering experience would bebest suited.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Develop concepts on proposals for new or revised products ensuring manufacturing feasibility with thin strip progressive stamping, thin wall injection molding and automated assembly manufacturing processes.
- Create marketing/engineering proposal concepts.
- Coordinate a global team of engineers in supporting the design, development and testing of new products.
- Resolve engineering and design related issues as they may occur.
- Check, approve and process drawings, BOMs, Item Masters
- Perform Mechanical simulation and tolerance analysis to ensure the design will work in all possible scenarios.
- Work very closely with Signal Integrity team to ensure the design meets the electrical requirements while taking into account the manufacturing limitations.
- Ensure designs meet both cost, performance, and manufacturability requirements.
- Facilitate design for manufacturability (DFM) with internal and external tooling and process development teams.
- Drive product design risk reduction efforts through validation and verification activities such as FEA, Tolerance analysis, prototyping, and verification testing prior to production tooling launch.
- Provide engineering drawing, assembly and test specifications, product prototypes and/or customer samples.
- Ensure the latest models and drawings are updated into WindChill.
- Manage component and assembly drawing package creation, release, and modification for tooling build/modification through the ECN process.
- Contact with vendors and suppliers to explore cost reduced products or processes which may be applied to new and existing product designs.
- Provide support to manufacturing and quality engineering teams on assigned product lines with failure and root cause analysis for production related quality and design issues
- Specify materials for molding, stamping and diecasting.
- Specify plating and plating requirements for components.
- Utilize industry standards for the requirements and qualification of assigned products.
- Must maintain a good working relationship with outside vendors, tool-room, manufacturing engineering, marketing, sales and quality control.
- Must command resources in order to accomplish goals.
- Other related duties as required.
University/College degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
7+ years design engineering experience
3+ years Project management skills
Electrical interconnect related design experience
Working experience in 2D/3D CAD system – SolidWorks or ProE.
Good problem-solving abilities
Good verbal and written English skills.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Must be open and flexible to changing priorities.
Excellent English communication skills
Ability to coordinate a global team in support of product development.
Direct customer interface experience on technical design related topics
Knowledge of connectors or small mechanical/electrical parts
Self-motivated and self-driven individual with a high degree of ownership
Exposure to small metal parts stamping and molding
Proven tolerance analysis skills
Be legally able to travel in N/A, Europe, and Asia
FEA, simulation, and modeling experience
Salary/Compensation 85,000.00 To 120,000.00
Type of PositionDesign Engineer
Education LevelBachelor Degree