Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager, this position is primarily responsible for managing the sales activities within the specified business segment to increase sales of electronic connectors and implement strategic corporate directives to increase sales in your area.ss
- Identify and build relationships with targeted list of accounts.
- Develop strategies and direct sales activities towards selected target accounts.
- Create and deliver customized product presentations in 2D and 3D modeling if applicable.
- Direct selling strategy on key opportunities, including pricing, service, investment, risk, scheduling and technical promotion issues to achieve successful design wins.
- Provide support to customers throughout build-out process, keeping customers informed of progress, seeking feedback.
- Monitor production of products and identify growth and future needs of customers.
- Meet established sales account goals within the assigned territory.
- Comply with established company sales policies, pricing guidelines and best practices.
- Develop and implement a strategic account plan to maximize revenue and profitability, account penetration and Customer satisfaction.
- Manage all aspects of the Account and position as a Key supplier for current and future development / business opportunities.
- Ensure sales pipeline is growing and converting “C” projects to “A” projects.
- Develop where applicable, a Global Account strategy, overseeing and maintaining the “big picture”, while leading the Sales Team in understanding and executing the Global strategy.
- Lead and work closely with a Customer focus team (i.e., Regional Sales Engineer/FAE, Quality Engineer and Customer Service Specialist).
- Able to mentor, train and provide direction to new Account Managers.
- Help guide Engineering, Product Management and Marketing to identify and capture new product direction and new business/project opportunities.
- Responsible for posting all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics and achieving KPI targets.
- Identify, evaluate, and coordinate the development of potential product lines with key accounts and future customers.
- Implement New Product Introduction (NPI’s) plans agreed to with Marketing to include target account identification, promotion schedule, samples and pricing while providing direct feedback to Hirose.
- Monitor with the design process in order to meet commitment targets with customers.
- Continually monitor trends in customer industry to anticipate needs and present Hirose as the leader in the connector industry.
- Interface with industry groups and standards committees, as necessary.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/A degree in Business or Technical field required.
- 3-5 years sales experience.
- 3-5 years sales experience in the electronic component industry, specific experience with electronic connectors is a plus.
- Must possess the technical knowledge to be able to fully comprehend the customer’s requirements and provide the appropriate product solution.
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Organizational skills must be above average. Ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in order to work with both external and internal customers. Able to clearly and concisely communicate across different cultures.
- Excellent presentation skills including creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to resolve issues and escalate in a timely fashion and to the customer’s needs.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-motivated & positive attitude with great energy.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time to the multiple customer’s R&D locations.
Salary/Compensation75,000.00 to 90,000.00
Type of Positionsales
Education LevelBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (7)
Applications Development Engineer – Power Interconnects on April 8, 2022 Full Time
Sr. Development Engineer – Terminals and Connectors on December 16, 2021 Full Time
Applications/Resident Engineer – High Voltage EV Connectors on October 29, 2021 Full Time
Product Development Engineer – EV Battery Interconnects on July 5, 2021 Full Time