Our client a manufacture of connectors and wiring harness for the Automotive industry now has a highly visible opportunity available to represent them onsite at Ford Motor Company to support new business, vertical integration, product changes and quality issues and to help identify new business opportunities. Will also lead Engineering activity and ensure that the products meet customer and company specifications and that program milestones are achieved. Build key relationships and be the VOC (Voice of the customer) with in the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Build relationships with key decision makers in the connection system space
2) Understand how to navigate OEM systems and processes to support Lear content
introduction and read-across
3) Perform or support customer and internal drawing releases.
4) Develop proficiency with the companies connection system catalog
5) Frequent travel between office and customer location.
6) Be willing to travel to other company locations (Europe, Asia) to support technical
developments or other customer events, as needed
7) Identify sales opportunities and engage proper company technical and sales personnel to support and secure new programs.
8) Maximize the approval rates and penetration of the company’s content at the OEM
9) Ensure Customer’s expectations are met or exceeded with any support requested
10) Support RFQ activities
11) Support build events and build issue resolution as needed
B.S. Engineering, Physics or ME, coupled with 5+ years of experience in design, applications or sales of Terminals and connectors, specific experience with Ford Motor Co. preferred. Experience working directly for Ford as a engineer working on wiring harness, connectors or terminals. Prior experience as a resident engineer or release engineer would be ideal. Must possess strong verbal/written communication skills
Salary/Compensation120,000.00 to 135,000.00
Type of Positionsales/technical marketing
Education LevelBachelor Degree