Reporting into the Sr. Director of Sales, the successful candidate will supervise 5 account managers engaged in selling to major electronics manufactures in the Communications, Consumer Electronics, Industrial and Automotive industries. Will be responsible for overseeing and directing all sales activities to increase sales with existing accounts as well as implementing strategic corporate directives within the specified geographical region
1. Develop strategies and direct sales activities towards selected target accounts;
2. Recruit, train and manage regional independent sales representatives and direct sales personnel as assigned within a specific territory;
3. Cultivate OEM accounts in collaboration with the technical segment leaders in order to drive revenue growth in targeted end application segments
4. Prepare and submit sales activity reports on a timely basis including the rolling 12-month sales forecast for domestic and international, Manager’s report, Regional Program Updates (RPU’s), Distributor Quarterly Business Reports (QBR’s), Technical Show updates and information pertaining to the development of the companies CRM data base;
5. Build close relationships with corporate personnel;
6. Manage Distribution sales activities at the branch locations within assigned territory;
7. Manage direct Account Managers and contracted manufacturer’s representatives within specified territory or territories.
8. Direct selling strategy on key opportunities, including pricing, service, investment, risk, scheduling and technical promotion issues to achieve successful design wins;
9. Help coordinate travel arrangements and customer sales calls for management representatives as needed
10. Provide communication support to Reps and remove internal obstacles to sales success by communication and follow up with corporate, enlisting Area Director of Sales when needed
11. Assist the High Speed, Automotive, Industrial, and Consumer Electronics Segments with sales and marketing activities as requested
12. Implement actions to increase effectiveness of individual Reps to achieve design wins;
13. Conduct product exhibitions (technical shows) at OEM, CM and Distributor branch locations;
14. Attend quarterly sales meetings and present territory updates
15. Manage and direct sales activities with the compaines appointed cable assembly Value Added Reseller’s (VAR’s) within the territory
16. Create and provide a team building atmosphere for direct reports and subordinates
17. Mentor and provide educational development for subordinates
1. Implement New Product Introduction (NPI’s) plans agreed to with Marketing and the Sr. Director of Sales to include target account identification, promotion schedule, samples and pricing while providing direct feedback to corporate
2. Provide field input to the Sr. Director of Sales and Marketing group on industry and product trends for new product development and R&D strategies.
Manage the Regional Distribution Manager, Regional Sales Engineers and Account Managers for the specific regions assigned, while providing guidance to coordinate the efforts of Manufactures Reps with local sales personnel.
⦁ BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university;
⦁ Minimum eight years experience selling electro-mechanical components such as connectors, cable assemblies, switches, relays, semiconductors, PCB’s etc. to the electronics industry;
⦁ Minimum five years electronics industry experience;
⦁ Minimum three years management experience/if no management experience must meet the minimum of the sales experience.
⦁ Excellent written and oral communication
⦁ Excellent presentation skills for customer and company meetings
⦁ Strong organizational skills.
Salary/Compensation130,000 to 145,000 plus bonus
Type of Positionsales
Education LevelBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (5)
Applications Development Engineer – Power Interconnects on April 8, 2022 Full Time