Our client a well known growing employee owned manufacture of cable assemblies and wiring harness for the military is currently seeking a quality professional with experience with connectors and cable assemblies for the military to assume leadership of assigned Quality & Engineering departments. Drive high quality and continuous improvement through comprehensive resource planning, lean manufacturing techniques, and disciplined production processes. Drive low cost producer status while maintaining total customer satisfaction. Work with product development teams to ensure optimal integration of product and production processes.
Quality Department: Reports to General Manager for day-to-day Quality support; reports to the President for the Quality Management System. Responsible for managing and directing the activities of Quality and Engineering personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The employee is expected to perform to the highest standards of quality, to strive for maximum customer satisfaction, and to continually look for ways to improve the methods, practices and procedures of this position: Process Improvement, Analyzing Information , Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Quality Engineering, Emphasizing Excellence, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness and Dealing with Complexity.
• Total customer satisfaction – responsible for performance metrics targets and results
• Document control • As a champion for LEAN, drive & implement LEAN activities
• Responsible for meeting all applicable State of South Carolina & OSHA requirements; participates in plant safety committee meetings and supports the safety program and initiatives; participates in safety related investigations
• Accomplishes quality assurance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and counseling; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Develops quality assurance plans by conducting risk analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
• Validates quality processes by establishing control plans; documenting evidence; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
•,Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
• Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
• Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Engineering Department: Reports to the General Manager • Planning for manufacturing plant capacities, participates in production resource & capacity planning • Directs manufacturing team to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction and to achieve the production plan.
• Coordinates the necessary activities of manufacturing with the Product Management Teams to achieve product excellence at the lowest cost in a timely manner through product/process design collaboration
• Participates in the activities and procedures to collaborate the cross-plant improvements of manufacturing methods
• Responsible for implementing and leading the annual cost reductions within area of responsibility
• Participate in the process of capital equipment and facilities planning
• Participates in plant human capital management. This area includes key management goal setting and working with the team members in establishing personal training & development plans
• Execute policies and procedures regarding the activities and responsibilities of production which are consistent with company policies and which support the company’s quality objectives and system.
• Experience in Connector / Cable Assemblies for Defense and Aerospace Customers; strong knowledge of wire processing, terminating and molding
• ISO9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 and in accordance with requirements of AS9104/1:2012; NADCAP
• Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) background
• Bachelor’s Degree • 10+ years Quality management; strong management experience • Epicor or ERP software experience; Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word,
• Demonstrated ability meet Quality objectives; providing leadership & training to key personnel
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Type of PositionQuality and Engineering Manager
Education LevelBachelor Degree