Our client, a global supplier of electronics components and sub-assemblies, has an immediate opening for a Senior Product Specialist. This position entails assisting in the growth of the existing business of the fiber optics product line and supporting the execution of the new product roadmap. This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of fiber optics products and their markets and applications.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Product Specialist to play a key role in the growth of the business and have an immediate impact. The successful candidate is intellectually agile and jumps from detailed analysis to new products execution, technical support requests from customers and sales teams and collaboration with suppliers and all functions of the company. To succeed, you must embody the company’s Hedgehog behaviors of Positive Urgency, Accountability, Ownership, Same-Day Responsiveness, Collaboration, and Solution Orientation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· The position reports to the Fiber Optics Product Line Manager.
· Assist the Product Line Manager in the execution of product strategy, throughout the product lifecycle, including definition of the products offering, negotiation with product suppliers, new products launch, datasheets elaboration, web content creation and pricing.
- Works with PLM to develop product strategy, products, technology and roadmaps.
- Provide product expertise and training to other departments, distributors and customers.
- Be the focal point for all technical inquiries related to fiber optics products.
- Develop technical collateral in close collaboration with engineering and marketing.
- Create business cases and purchasing packages.
- Identify market needs and trends through interaction with customers and suppliers, analyze and monitor publicly known information, and attend industry events and trade shows.
- Build relationships with suppliers, internal sales teams and customers.
· Engineering Degree.
· 5+ years of working experience in Product Management, Technical Support Role, Business Development, or Application Engineering for fiber optics products, sold in a multitude of markets and applications.
· Strong technical expertise and in-depth understanding of the industry landscape, technology and product trends related to fiber optics.
· Proven ability to create and present business cases to internal stakeholders.
· Demonstrated history of commercial success with existing business and new product introduction.
· MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) proficiency.
- Regular practice of financial models, market-based pricing and stage gate process.
- Established relations with players in the fiber optics industry.
· High level of comfort with online marketing and ecommerce.
· Experience in private labelling of B to B products.
· Database management tools proficiency.
· Exposure to availability model.
Personal Traits and Characteristics
· Entrepreneurial minded with a bias for action, sense of urgency, adaptability and common sense.
· Ability to view issues from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
· Strong skills in multi-tasking.
· Ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables and meet deadlines.
· Hands-on, detail oriented, analytical and organized with excellent follow-up and technical problem-solving skills.
· Must possess strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to develop key relationships, both internal and external.
Salary/Compensation90,000 to 100,00
Type of Positionmarketing
Education LevelBachelor Degree