Our client a global supplier of electronics components and sub assemblies, is seeking to fill a Product Line Manager position. This position entails growing the existing business of the Mil-Aero product line for communication bus-couplers, connectors and cable assemblies, bringing business to the next level with the definition and execution of the strategic plan and new product roadmap. This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of Mil-Aero components and their markets and applications.
This is the opportunity for an ambitious, technically proficient and seasoned Product Line Manager to drive the growth of the entire Mil-Aero business and have an immediate impact. Duties will run from assessing the market place to identify technology trends, development of specifications for new products, negotiate with suppliers for private labeling agreements as well as purchasing agreements on products manufactured under the suppliers brand name, develop, implement and monitor of pricing strategy, The successful candidate is intellectually agile and jumps from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic plan, tactical new products execution, team priority settings and collaboration with suppliers, customers and internal functions.
· B.S degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. M.S preferred
· 15+ years of working experience in Product Management, with previous roles in Business Development, Sales or Application Engineering for Mil-Aero interconnect products, sold to Military accounts.
· Established relations with all key players in the Mil-Aero interconnect industry.
· Strong technical expertise and in-depth understanding of the Mil-Aero interconnect components industry landscape, dynamics, value chain, pricing structures, technology and product trends related to the product line.
· Documented success with the development and execution of new product strategies and roadmaps.
· Proven ability to create and present complex business cases to internal and external stakeholders.
· Demonstrated history of commercial success with existing business and new product introduction.
· Regular practice of financial models, market-based pricing, and stage gate process.
· MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) proficiency.
· Preferred Requirements
· High level of comfort with online marketing and eCommerce.
· Experience in private labeling of B-to-B products.
· Database management tools proficiency.
· Negotiation of supplier agreements.
· Exposure to availability model.
Personal Traits and Characteristics
· Entrepreneurial minded with a bias for action, sense of urgency, adaptability, and common sense.
· Strong leadership skills in multi-tasking and leading multidisciplinary teams in a matrix organization.
· Self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables and meet deadlines.
· Hands-on, detail oriented, highly analytical and organized with excellent follow-up and problem-solving skills.
· Must possess strong negotiation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to develop key relationships, both internal and external
Salary/Compensation125,000.00 to 135,000 plus bonus
Type of Positionmarketing
Education LevelBachelor Degree