The Product Development Engineer – Power will have development engineeringresponsibility to support internal and customer collaboration on power busbar,and interconnection-based design efforts. The role will provide technicalsupport on new design, thermal and structural analysis, materials, and coatingselection, DFMEA, DFM and DFA etc. Internally, the Product Development Engineerwill engage with the PPD and TIC teams to present solutions on product designand new concepts. The successful candidate will be comfortable working onProduct Development Concurrent Engineering Teams, responsible to meet programtimelines, and enjoy developing products that combine mechanical, electricaland electronic technologies that depend on a high degree of electro-mechanicaldesign skill level.
· • Developing application concepts for customer proposals, turning conceptsinto product designs. Creating and maintaining Product Mechanical and Electro-MechanicalDFMEA.
• Creating 3D models and 2D drawings. Adhering to Product Release, Designand PDM guidelines. Performing and/or working with Analysis engineers toconduct computer simulations such as FEA, Thermal, and Tolerance stacks.Support, review Mold Flow and perform Mold Fill analysis.
• Staying current with the latest Connector System market trends,manufacturing processes and product technologies, developing new technologiesas required.
• Participating in and/or leading concurrent engineering teams. For some projectsmaintaining project schedules, action lists, facilitating team meetings, communicatingwith Suppliers and other functional disciplines, and communicating withCustomer technical counter-parts. Adhering to IATF-16949 Quality Planprocedures.
· • Trouble shooting performance or manufacturing issues on new designs, determiningroot cause. Assisting with root cause analysis on field issues.
• Training/assisting less experienced engineers regarding technologies, engineeringtools, project management.
• Develop and own high-power applications and technologies in support of customerneeds and technology trends.
• Partner with the product management team to guide product line strategyand direction.
BSME or BMME (orequivalent) with min 10 years connector or automotive power transmission designand test experience.
• Work experiencein the connector business including high-power systems design, thermal andstructural analysis, CAD 3-D design (Solidworks, ePDM preferred), design formanufacturability, and design to cost.
• Experience withDFMEA, DFM, GD&T, statistical tolerance analysis, 6 sigma, 8D problemsolving.
• Microsoft Officesoftware experience: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Familiar withautomotive Product Development processes. Prefer APQP and IATF-16949 QMSexperience.
• Knowledge oftypical auto environmental and reliability specifications (typical example: GM3172).
• Knowledge ofbasic manufacturing processes including: progressive stamping, molding,automatic assembly and automatic inspection.
• Experience in theEV automotive industry with battery connection, Fuel Cells, inverters, andpropulsion motors.
• Proven productdevelopment background to provide design and DFM feedback.
• Demonstratedbusiness acumen.
· Busbar, battery interconnect, high current /high voltage, dielectric materials,
pulse current,contact physics, EMI shielding knowledge and design experience.
• Operations andmanufacturing background a plus.
Salary/Compensation90,000.00 to 120,000.00
Type of Positionproduct design and development
Education LevelBachelor Degree