This position will be responsible for developingplans, designing, coordinating, tracking, qualifying and implementing assemblyprocesses that meet Amphenol’s costs and output objective as well as customerneeds. Responsible for all aspects related to the design, operability andperformance of newly designed or existing assembly processes / tooling, theirmodifications and related documentation.
Will focus on both early involvement with theproduct design/development function to influence design characteristics forimproved manufacturing efficiency and reliability as well as maintaining andimproving existing manufacturing processes.
• Develop and document assembly tooling for new / existingproducts. Involves creating concepts, estimating and
quoting of tools, designbuild and validation of tooling.
• Develop and document assembly processes, which include processsheets, operating procedures, spare parts lists
and preventativemaintenance plan.
• Define the process steps and sequence of operations, materialhandling and process control needs and to the
extent possible, thepreliminary process layout.
• Define process flexibility requirements based on proposedproduct configurations.
• Prepare preliminary process specification, equipment and systemsspecifications.
• Define the supply chain from raw material to customerapplication.
• Formulate the process step cycle times, efficiencies, yields andstep relationships to include dynamic modeling as
required for process andline balance assumptions. (Arrangement, Rates, Balance, Yield, Utility,Capacity)
• Involved in Product/Process FMEA and risk assessment activities.
• Define critical product/process parameters.
• Evaluate Safety and Occupational health summary for process.
• Develop cost and operational justifications for acquisition ofmajor tooling.
• Propose and implement cost reductionactivities for mature assembly processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with 3+years relatedexperience and/or training within the high-speed
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical productdrawings and technical procedures
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and proceduremanuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond toquestions
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety ofconcrete variables in situations where only limited
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished inwritten, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• • • • • • • • • Capable of providing theinstruction, means and ability to assemble and manufacture products
Salary/Compensation85,000 to 100,000
Type of PositionProcess Development Engineer
Education LevelBachelor Degree