Our client a manufacturer of a wide range of electronic components, connectors and cable assemblies is seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer, to assume responsibility for their RF cable assembly manufacturing operations. Duties will include development of production assembly methods, procedures and testing to industry quality standards. This position involves continuously improving production processes and ensuring operations are created and completed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Document current production procedures and create Company standards to improve the efficiency of the Production department.
- -Identify and implement continuous improvements to the Company’s production process.
- -Collaborate with the Quality Department to identify and implement ongoing quality improvements.
- -Maintain knowledge and technical expertise of current production best practices tools and techniques and implement them in a reasonable and responsible
- -Minimize overall production costs while maximizing productivity.
- -Create and maintain accurate and current documentation of tool drawings, design concepts and orders, in accordance with the Product Development and Quality Assurance functions.
- -Support process engineering change notice (ECN) and related Material Review Board (MRB) activities, as required.
- -Assist in the evaluation of returned materials/products.
- -Review internal operational facility layouts for process improvement.
- -Work within set budgetary plans for the project
- -Increase speed and efficiency of processes without compromising quality
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- -Knowledge of manufacturing and production processes and concepts.
- -Knowledge of electronic testing procedures in a production environment
- -Knowledge of ISO standards.
- -Presentation skills (written and oral).
- -Analytical and negotiation skills.
- -The ability to perform a multi-task job and adjust priorities as appropriate.
- -Possess excellent time management skills. Be able to take the initiative to meet deadlines and the ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- -Action and detail oriented, having a drive for success.
- -Able to interpret and apply policies and procedures appropriately.
- -The ability to work effectively in a team situation as well as independently.
- -The ability to network and interact effectively with a board range of associates spanning varied disciplines and responsibilities.
- -Must have a strong passion for product and process excellence and customer satisfaction.
- -Experience in the Electronics Industry (Cable Assembly methods and procedures preferred) direct RF industry experience with any type of RF, or microwave -component such as switches, wave guides, connectors etc strongly preferred.
- -Other duties as assigned
Personal Traits and Characteristics:
- -Reliable, dependable, diligent Highly organized with good time management skills
- -Task oriented
- -Attention to detail
- -Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- -Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- -Effective communication skills
- -The successful candidate shall exhibit a sense of ownership, urgency, be solution orientated, collaborative and accountable.
Education and/or Experience:
- -BSEE or ASEE rrequired
- -Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience, with specific experience in RF and or Microwave cables assemblies, devices/components required.
- -Experience/knowledge of electronic test equipment such as network analyzers.
- -Computer skills: Excellent Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, Access and Project, AutoCAD, Label software and ERP systems.
Salary/Compensation95,000.00 to 110,000.00
Type of Positionmanfacturing engineering
Education LevelBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (7)
Applications Development Engineer – Power Interconnects on April 8, 2022 Full Time