The Equipment Maintenance Manager will supervise and coordinate the activities of mechanics, installers, and repairers in the maintenance, installation of existing and new production machinery such as Stamping Presses, Metal Brakes, Turret Punch Presses, assembly systems and CNC controls.
Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel. Monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules. Monitor employees’ work levels and review work. · Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs. Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts. Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, and outside contractors. Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to construct templates and lay out reference points for workers. Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use. Investigate accidents and injuries and prepare reports of findings. Confer with personnel, in management, engineering, quality control, to coordinate work activities, resolve employee grievances, and identify and review resource needs. Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
· Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand and power tools, hydraulic presses and shears, and welding equipment.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
· Monitor tool inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops in order to ensure adequate working conditions.
· Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools and gauges to verify conformance to standards and repair requirements.
· Meet with vendors and suppliers to discuss products used in repair work.
· Design equipment configurations to meet personnel needs.
Competencies and Abilities
· Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
· Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
· Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
· Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
· Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
· Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
· Three to seven years related experience in production environment, maintaining and installing various types of production machinery and systems. Such as CNC controlled machines for stamping, machining, cutting, welding, bending etc. · Knowledge of Allan Bradley and Omron controls. – Computer Skills microsoft Office Suite.
· High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), BS degree in engineering would be a plus.
Salary/Compensation85,000.00 to 95,000.00
Type of PositionPlant Equipment Maintance
Education LevelAssociate Degree