General Position Summary
The Director of Sales is responsible for planning, implementing and driving sales and marketing strategies and goals.
Essential Job Functions
Key accounts business Development
• Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies.
• Develop and maintain annual business plan.
• Manage the performance of the sales and marketing team.
• Build strong presence with key industry and target customers.
• Establishes and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Directs staffing, training and performance evaluation to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
• Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Submits Weekly activity report, highlighting day to day activities.
• Submits Monthly report, highlighting analysis of business, activity plan for the following quarter etc.
• Maintain the activities update in Salesforce timely
• Reports to the President status updates on assigned special projects.
• Periodically travels to Fujikura headquarters and manufacturing sites in Asia to have face to face meetings and reporting
Other & Miscellaneous
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by President.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to the President for solution.
• Maintains good communication with other managers, FAI staff & outside contacts.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
Essential Job Skills
Sales, Persuasion, Organization, Administration, Cooperation; Project Management; Time management; Analysis; Dependability: Accuracy; Reliability; Ethics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to clearly articulate thoughts and business strategy.
• Leadership skills: strong and energetic leader who can direct and motivate a sales force
• Strategic thinker and planner who can provide the right guidance and direction
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong technical aptitude
• 10+ years in sales and marketing environment and responsibility
• At least five (5) years of progressive leadership and management positions.
• Business development experience in Automotive and Electronics industries is preferred
Tools and Equipment
• General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, scanner, personal computer, etc.
• Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office applications, Salesforce
• Mobile communications equipment including laptop computer, cellular phone, etc.
Salary/Compensation160,000 to 185,000 +
Type of PositionSales and Marketing
Education LevelBachelor Degree