The High Speed IO Cable businessunit manufactures High Speed Passive and Active Cu cables as well as ActiveOptical Cable solutions that support key customers in the datacenter, cloudcomputing, network switch and data storage markets. The Engineering Director’srole will be to provide leadership for all cable designs, development, andproduction implementation. The position will require the oversight of a highlyexperienced team of Engineering Managers.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
• Directing department activities to design newproducts, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and developtest procedures.
• Communicating and working with customers and internalproduct managers to understand product requirements and performancespecifications and convert those into new product designs, production tooling,manufacturing processes, qualification testing and the transfer to volumeproduction sites
• Ensuring the accurate and timely completion ofengineering tasks of engineers within the group
• Developing and driving product and technology road mapsand communicate to customers
• Ensuring newly designedproducts meet cost targets that align with the business P&L.
• Overseeing and mentoring engineering teams, providingneeded training and working with team members to grow within the organization
• Coordinating with peers and other engineering managerswithin the organization to share best practices and continuous improvementactivities.
• Resolves problems usingsolutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
• Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, andmarket demand to plan projects
•Conferring with management, production, and marketingstaff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customerdemand for new and existing products.
• Forecasting operating costsof department and directs preparation of budget requests.
• Maintaining a workingknowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and developingrecommendations accordingly.
• Bachelor of Science degreein an Engineering discipline, Masters degree in Engineering or MEM/MBApreferred
• 10+ years of experience inEngineering Management or Project Management, with at least 7+ years of leadinga technical team
• Experience with Hi-speed connectorsand cables preferred
• Ability to traveldomestically and internationally, as needed
• Strong facilitation andteam-building skills; the ability to integrate the needs & skills of manyfunctional disciplines to achieve a positive outcome
• Attention to detail, whilemaintaining perspective on top-level goals
• Ability to prioritize workto meet objectives and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to articulate,outline, and follow a development process
Salary/Compensation160,000k to 180,000k
Type of Positionengineering
Education LevelBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (7)
Optical Product Development Engineer – High Speed Cables on August 31, 2023 Full Time