Primary responsibility is new business development (70%) and managing local distribution branch activities (30%). Responsibilities include identifying and developing new customers within targeted market segments, develop a strong knowledge of industry trends, market leaders and emerging customers. In conjunction with company Sales and Segment target directives, identify and develope new accounts. Will also be responsible for local Distribution branch activities to include design registration approvals, quarterly planning sessions, target account sales promotion, joint sales calls.
1. Cultivate OEM accounts in collaboration with the company segment leaders and Regional Sales team to drive revenue growth in targeted end application segments.
2. Responsible for new business development in assigned geographic territory.
3. Maintain close, and on-going communications with the Regional Sales Director, Segment Leaders, and other Account Managers.
4. Build professional network to help identify new business prospects.
5. Utilize knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop selling propositions and differentiators.
6. Work with global engineering and sales teams to develop proposals and present products that meet customer requirements.
7. Research and present market data to segment teams to identify new product development opportunities.
8. Act as bridge between Regional Sales teams and Segment Sales and Marketing.
9. Effectively identify and build relationships with key customer decision makers.
10. As requested, assist with sales lead follow-up.
11. Conduct or assist with product exhibitions (at trade shows) and presentations with OEMs.
12. Obtain customer’s business information, such as, business size, who is their competitors, # of engineers, future business plan, etc.
13. Prepare and submit sales activity reports on a timely basis including monthly activity report, visit reports, Sales Force updates, and product forecasting.
14. Attend sales meetings upon request and present market, account, and project status updates.
15. Plan and conduct quarterly planning sessions including product training.
16. Maintain distributor registration program and quote activities within assigned region.
17. Ensure Design Registrations are processed in a timely manner and resolve any conflicts.
18. Develop strong relationship with account managers at each distribution location.
19. Accountable for local distribution success including growth in POS, new design registrations, existing customer penetration, and new account development.
20. Manage and drive branch engagement with Distributor Management teams, inside sales, customer service and sales teams.
21. Maintain high visibility at distributor Branch locations to ensure companies products are positioned as the connector of choice.
22. Conduct frequent opportunity reviews with Distributor Account Managers to drive accountability as well as to directly involve yourself into the largest revenue potential opportunities.
23. Buddy calls with channel sales teams to drive opportunities.
24. Establish corrective action plan for distributors with poor performance and escalate to the RSM.
25. Ensure company Marketing material is distributed and available to distribution team.
26. Ensure sales opportunities are loaded in SalesForce.com
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. BA / BS degree from an accredited college or university
2. Five + years’ sales experience.
3. Two+ years’ sales experience in the electronic component industry, selling any kind of electro-mechanical components such as connectors, cable addemblies, switches, relay’s strongly preferred.
4. Demonstrated history of developing new business
5. Technical aptitude. Connector knowledge a plus.
6. Strong first-hand knowledge of the Distribution.
7. Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills must be above average. Ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
8. Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in order to work with both external and internal customers. Able to clearly and concisely communicate across different cultures.
9. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills including creating PowerPoint presentations.
10. Ability to resolve issues and escalate in a timely fashion and to the customer’s needs.
11. Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sales Force.
12. Self-motivated & positive attitude.
13. Must be able to travel up to 25% of time.
Salary/Compensation100,000.00 to 120,000.00 plus bounus
Type of Positionsales
Education LevelBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (5)
Applications Development Engineer – Power Interconnects on April 8, 2022 Full Time